NUDIPU Job Vacancy, National Union of Disabled Persons Uganda: Programme Assistant
Job Title: Programme Assistant
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda
The National Union of Disabled Persons of Uganda (NUDIPU) is an umbrella organization for all disability categories in Uganda NUDIPU has been piloting a savings initiative code named "WE CAN MANAGE" PWDs' Savings and Credit Project targeting Persons with Disabilities (PWDs) and their Caretakers in two (2) districts in Eastern Uganda.
The project is now fully fledged with an expanded operational area; therefore NUDIPU is seeking to recruit four (4) charismatic and visionary persons to position(s) of Programme Assistant to spearhead operations in the catchment area.
The Programme Assistant shall be based at any of the district project offices in Mbale, Kumi, Soroti and Sironko respectively and will be responsible for the direct implementation of the project. He/she will be reporting to the Programme Officer who will supervise him/her in collaboration with the respective District Union Chairperson.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
• Support the Project to reach out to the target group to ensure they have access to secure savings and loans in accordance with laid procedures.
• Promote self reliance among WCM groups through provision of quality and timely technical guidance and capacity development support.
• Formulate work plans, budgets, facts based implementation strategies and schedules and sharing the same for ratification by the Project Steering Committee.
• Ensure proper utilization of project resources and/or funds in accordance with the planned1 activities and accepted procedures.
• Build a team of motivated Field staff, allocate operational zones/areas to them and appraise ' their performance in line with the project guidelines and targets.
• Prepare timely reports for sharing with the supervisor and maintain an updated record keeping system for all the Project activities, correspondences and reports.
• Liaise with community leaders to promote the Project model but exclusively oversee the recruitment of groups, constantly conduct on spot audits of their records and communicate the findings in the meetings to promote transparency and sustainability.
• Initiate and establish sustainable strategic networks with relevant partners and stakeholders in service provision and Disability development issues
• Champion area based promotional campaigns, data collection and dissemination activities in line with project monitoring tool.
• Actively participate in the organization's resource mobilization: this involves developing Project proposals to solicit support.
• Effectively represent NUDIPU in the relevant stakeholders' collaboration meetings and attend to any other duties assigned.
A Bachelor's Degree in Social work, Development studies, Adult Education, Community Development, Economics or any other related disciplines. Experience in working with Disability based organisations and/or rural communities as well as knowledge of the local language will be of added advantage
How to apply
Interested candidates should submit their applications, copies of academic transcripts and detailed CVs specifically addressed to the
Either by post to: NUDIPU, P.O.BOX 8567 Kampala
Deliver physically at; NUDIPU, Plot 530, Bukoto -Kisaasi Road, Tel: 0414 540179.Mobile number 0772467276 NOT later than 8" of April. Please indicate the district of preference in your application.
NUDIPU is an equal opportunities organisation, therefore only shdmsted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidates should be willing to start work immediately.