Current Jobs at United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda
United States Embassy in Kampala, Uganda.
The United States has enjoyed diplomatic relations with Uganda for over 30 years. Ambassador Jerry P. Lanier currently heads the U.S Mission to Uganda. The Mission is composed of several offices and organizations all working under the auspices of the Embassy and at the direction of the Ambassador.
Among the offices operating under the U.S Mission to Uganda are:
- United States Agency for International Development
- Centers for Disease Control
- Peace Corps
U.S. Mission, Uganda Vacancy Announcement
U.S. Mission, Uganda
Number: 048-2011 Date: 8/24/2011
OPEN TO: All Qualified Candidates
OPENING AND CLOSING DATES: August 24 to September 6, 2011
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
POSITION LOCATION: USAID, Gulu Office
HOURS OF WORK: 40 hours per week
POSITION GRADE: FSN-6 (Ugshs. 21,879,469 to 31,006,685 p.a. inclusive of allowances).
USAID/Uganda is recruiting a qualified Ugandan to fill the position of Administrative Assistant in Gulu.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
To perform a variety of administrative support duties assigned by the Northern Uganda Field Office (NUFO) Manager and NUFO Team Leader, in support of the work of USAID in Northern Uganda.
NOTE: All applicants must address each selection criterion detailed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item.
1. Education Required: Completion of secondary school is required. Relevant training leading to certificates in secretarial skills, business administration, information technology, and other related areas is advantageous.
2. Work Experience: A minimum of two years of progressively responsible work experience in a position that provided an opportunity for on-the-job training in operations, logistics, or other office management is required.
3. Language Requirement: Level III (good working knowledge) English proficiency written and oral communication skills is required, Level IV (fluent) is desirable.
4. Knowledge: Good understanding of office and administrative procedures is required.
5. Skills and Abilities: Must possess strong interpersonal and organization skills. A positive ‘team player’ attitude is required. Computer literacy and proficiency in commercial office software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) is a must.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should include the following documentation
(i) A completed and signed Universal Application for Employment as a Locally Employed Staff or Family Member (DS-174);
(ii) Application letter clearly specifying the position for which you are applying;
(iii) Curriculum Vitae/Resume;
(iv) Copies of Academic Transcripts;
(v) Names, contact numbers, and addresses of three (3) professional references.
Submitted applications and documents become the property of the Embassy and will not be returned.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO
1. By mail:
Human Resources Office
Plot 1577 Ggaba Road
P. O. Box 7007, Kampala
2. By Fax:
0414-341-863 - ATTENTION: HR
3. Or by e-mail:
CLOSING DATE FOR THIS POSITION: September 6, 2011
The U.S. Government is working with the Government of Uganda to implement programs that address local conflicts and resolve disputes between communities in Karamoja.